So, I've taken a page from my friend Natalie's lovely blog and have decided to begin a "Weekly Gratitude" series here. Originally created by Love, Life, Lace, the idea is pretty simple: take a few moments at the end of each week and reflect on what you're most thankful for. Done and done.
This week, I am most grateful for...
- Ryland's safe arrival to San Antonio. He'll be with us for the majority of the summer and we're all very excited. It will be challenging to juggle work, law and graduate school, a newborn and a five-year-old, but we're definitely up for it.
- Carl being so thoughtful and making dinner (and lunch!) most days this week. And assembling and disassembling Ryland's loft bed. And helping to put together the bookshelf I picked out for the kid's room, and not laughing too hard when it turned out to be a quarter of the size I thought it would be. And the list goes on and on...
- The new, much-needed dresser we bought for our bedroom.
- My job, which is working with us to allow for maternity leave and my working from home, even though I haven't been employed at the museum for a year yet.
- All of the Target giftcards we were given during our baby showers. They have certainly come in handy. Baby goodies galore in our place.